Saturday, June 20, 2015
A Chance to Support Something Good in UFO Studies
Hello, folks. I'm going to do something completely out of character for the blog: ask you to consider supporting a young UFOlogist in a writing task. This is a writing project that needs [a little] funding. So, feel free to just skip on by if you don't want to read and do anything about this --- cash is tough nowadays and I understand --- this is not about me, by the way, although I am going to contribute something myself.
The project is a book about the spring 1966 UFO wave concentrating on Michigan and the famous "swamp gas" pronouncements, but painting a MUCH bigger portrait of the events. The prospective author is a young-ish man who is trying to catch on as a school system teacher in a tough marketplace, and a very good friend of mine. I've seen and heard about his [rather massive] research on this flap for years. It's impressive.
The bottomline is: he can use some "survival" money to free up his summer to write. SO: he has gone to Kickstarter and just posted his project and plea. If you want to help, go to Kickstarter and use their search with the words "Swamp Gas." The picture above should send you to a video describing the project --- even if you don't donate [please do, though], the video is worth watching.
That's it. Give him some support if you can. Like the "Good Minister" from the pulpit, I promise to minimize my "passing of the plate" here, but this is a good cause.
- Breaking Down the Un-filed Pile Looking for Strang...
- UFOs and Force: Plowing Ahead?
- A Chance to Support Something Good in UFO Studies
- Imaging UFOs: Is It Even Possible?
- A Little Walk Out Proctor
- UFO News from the 1947 Mountain: 1961-1962.
- UFO History Group Get-together #4: a small add-on....
- UFO News from the 1947 Mountain: a few 1960 Close ...
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2014 (39)
- ► 2013 (71)
- ► 2012 (84)
- ► 2011 (102)
- ► 2010 (74)
- A Different Perspective
- American Philosophical Library
- Caltech Archives
- Dr. J. Allen Hynek's Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS)
- Dr. Janet Quinn
- Frontiers Of Science
- Global Consciousness Project
- National Investigations Committee On Aerial Phenomena (NICAP)
- Robert G. Jahn, Ph.D.
- Smithsonian (SIRIS)